New Zealand is among the most wonderful countries in the world, with a developed economy, high per capita income, and increasing GDP percentage. Do you want to settle in New Zealand? The following are the detailed guidelines to get your New Zealand Permanent Residency Status under the New Zealand migration policy.
New Zealand Permanent Residency Status
You can live, work, or study in New Zealand like any New Zealand permanent citizen with the New Zealand Permanent Residency Status. You can apply for permanent residency in New Zealand once you get a minimum of two years of residency allowance.
The benefits of New Zealand Permanent Residency Status
Do you know about civil rights while staying in any province in New Zealand? Here are the advantages of having a New Zealand Permanent Residency Status.
- It allows you to live anywhere in New Zealand permanently.
- With a permanent residency, you can avail yourself of New Zealand healthcare benefits.
- You can access New Zealand with a permanent residency allowance.
- It allows you to exit and re-enter the country as a permanent resident.
New Zealand Permanent Residency Category
You can apply for a permanent residency in Newzald under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). However, the eligibility criteria are considered according to the New Zealand immigration points.
- Skilled Migrant Category Requirements
New Zealand immigration requirements for the Skilled Migrant Category program include:
- Your age must not be more than 55 years.
- You can speak, understand, and write English.
- You must have a good health.
- You must have character proof with no criminal charges.
How to Apply for the New Zealand Permanent Residency?
The application procedure for the New Zealand Permanent Residency under the Skilled Migrant Category is as follows:
- Submit your Expression of Interest online. You must provide valid information mentioning your skills, qualification, work experience and family details.
- Your score must exceed the minimum qualification score per the New Zealand point-based immigration system.
- If your submitted documents meet the requirements of the New Zealand Immigration authority, you are eligible to get permanent residency.
- Family Category Visa
Permanent residency is offered through Family category visas. You can apply for a family cattery visa if you are a spouse, partner, parent or dependent child of a permanent resident in any New Zealand province. However, your relative, who is a permanent resident, must sponsor you to get the visa.
- Business and Investment Category Visa
This category of permanent resident visas is offered to business professionals and investors. If you are keen to invest, start or develop a business in New Zealand, you can apply for this visa.
- Entrepreneur Category
The Government of New Zealand offers the Entrepreneur Work Visa to individuals who want to start their own business in New Zealand. If you successfully operate your business for at least two years, you can seek an Entrepreneur Residence Visa.
The bottom line
New Zealand visa processing time depends on the type of visa you apply for and your submitted documents. New Zealand has a point-based immigration system to offer residency to foreign nationals. Contact your nearby immigration office or a visa centre to learn more about New Zealand Immigration Process and visa procedure.