When someone is planning to work as a Data Engineer in New Zealand, but you are not a citizen or a permanent resident, they will need to apply for a work visa.
Responsibilities of A Data Engineer
- Using ETL tools or other ingestion methodologies, create batch ingestion and data transformation algorithms.
- Using Kafka and related technologies, create real-time ingestion and data transformation procedures.
- Data migration from a legacy data platform to a cloud data platform
- Data presentation in graphs, charts, tables, and so on, as well as building and developing relational databases for data collection.
- To acquire the most exposure for a successful consulting career, be involved in all elements of the project life cycle, including strategy, road mapping, architecture, and implementation.
Qualifications of a Data Engineer
- Experience developing data pipelines is required, including Azure Data Factory, AWS Kinesis, and Spark (preferably 2+ years).
- Experience migrating and transforming big complex data sets from legacy systems such as Teradata to cloud platforms like Azure utilizing Azure tools and other ETL tools such as DataStage (preferably 2+ years) is required.
- Data and reporting platform development on Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, Teradata, PowerBI, or Cognos environments.
- Prior experience working on big data engineering and migration projects is required.
- Previous experience working with data, data environments, databases, and large data sets in a consultancy context is preferred.
New Zealand Work Visa Requirements.
- You need to be signed into Real Work. For official contact, this account serves as your profile with the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- Recent identity and character confirmation are required.
- Obtaining fitness certifications from doctors
- Documents that, if they were written in the original language but have been translated into English.
- Authentic passport or identity document, together with two approved photos for visas.
- Evidence of moral character (completed character questionnaire, police clearances from all countries you've resided in for at least five years since turning 17, and your place of origin).
- Proof of genuineness.
New Zealand Work Visa Permit Types
- Student visa.
- Group visitor visa.
- Visitor visa.
- Dependent child resident visa.
- Partner of a New Zealander resident visa.
- Essential skills work visa.
- Working holiday visa.
- Silver fern job search visa.
New Zealand Employment Visa Application Process
- The New Zealand Immigration website is where most of the online visa application process is done.
- This online procedure is quick and easy; filling out the form shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can mail the appropriate application form and supporting documentation to the authorized center or site for the type of visa you want
- To obtain an eVisa, the applicant must first create an account on an immigration website and then complete the application process.
- New Zealand work visa cost of applying is around $495 to $635.
New Zealand Employment Visa Processing Time
- Work visa type
- Candidate profile
- Existence of a visa staff
- Embassy policies
In his blog, we discussed the New Zealand Work Visa. All there is to know about the requirements and the cost of applying for a New Zealand Employment Visa.