Get your Visa Sponsorship to Work in the UK

Get Your Visa Sponsorship To Work In The UK

By: Emily Wilson

The Employers of the UK who want to engage foreign workers must provide a certificate of sponsorship for work in their visa application. A foreign worker can be sponsored for a maximum of five years by an employer. The goal of a Certificate of Sponsorship is to assure the UK authorities that the UK employer would take the necessary responsibilities and obligations for the sponsored employee's activities while they are employed in their organization.

Details on the UK Skilled Worker Visa

The Qualified UK skilled Work visa permits skilled people to advance their careers in the United Kingdom. The UK Skilled Work Visa has a point-based system, which means that applicants must score at least 70 points to be evaluated. You must follow the given points.
  • Show your employer's Certificate of Sponsorship, whether you have it or not.
  • Whether or whether you get paid appropriately
  • Your ability to communicate in English
  • You have funds set aside for maintenance.

If you meet these requirements, you can apply for a UK Post Study Work Visa. The Tier 2 visa is broken into categories to accommodate the following professionals:
  1. Tier 2 General Visa: For employees with a job offer in the United Kingdom and a profession on the shortage occupation list.  The UK Skilled Work visa has taken its place.
  2. Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa: For employees of companies relocating to the United Kingdom.
  3. Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa: For religious ministers working for a religious organization.
  4. Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: For coaches and athletes.

If you've been given a UK Skilled Work visa, you can do the following:
  • Study in the United Kingdom
  • Bring family members to the United Kingdom.
  • Travel to and from the United Kingdom.

How Long One Can Use a Skilled Worker Visa?

This UK skilled Work visa or UK post study work visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 5 years. Your work visa's duration is decided by the duration of your job contract. You can extend your stay if you have not yet reached the maximum time for your visa type. You must apply for an extension either online or at a UK visa premium service center.

The Tier 2 visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the length stated on your certificate of sponsorship.


The UK encourages qualified people to work in the country via the Tier 2 UK post Study Work Visa scheme to maintain its competitive edge. Workers with occupations on Tier 2 can apply for long-term employment in the UK through this program as they have a shortage occupation list. IT, finance, teaching, healthcare, and engineering are among the most prevalent professions listed. Y-Axis can assist you in using the UK's talent shortage to get a work permit.